Like Me on Facebook

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer 2014 Blogger Challenge #6, #7, & #8: Draw, Today, Bestie...


Draw Something #6. 

Well, this is kinda easy... very recently my local Library had a contest to design a bookmark. My daughter and I both entered, and we both won! She won her age group, and I won mine. Pretty fun stuff. Here's my bookmark you can pick up this summer at Scenic Regional Library in Union, MO. 
My Winning Design/Drawing!

#7. What did I do today? Unseasonably cool temps and low humidty meant I slept like a rock. It felt great to sleep in no ac, in other words: no recycled air! I didn't start waking up till nearly 10:30. My kiddo - well, that was about 11:30. No "breakfast" so we did "brunch" - she helped me make French Toast because she is on a kick to learn more about cooking. Then, lots of work to do for my day job and volunteer groups, errands to run, places to go, people to see, ice cream to eat, and what not. We got home to make dinner for our guests (my parents) and to let the cats out on the deck for some lovely play time since the weather is so beautiful right now. We had dinner, watched a movie with my parents, and after they left - we went on a walk. The weather today is just amazing! Oh, and now I am updating my blog! 
Ice Cream, beautiful skies, happy kitties, and deck time...
Sweet Magical French Toast! 
Artwork outside my friend's business. 
I framed these in hopes to hang them in a business that has expressed interest in showing my work. What do you think? They are small - only 8X8, but I kinda like small. 
The view from the track at the school near my house. Beautiful night to walk!


#8. My "bestie" - THAT is a tough one. 

I used to have a ready answer for that. Now, I do not. 

I know what I feel a best buddy should do... and what they should be. I know I have had several people who fit the job come and go in my life. 

Right now - if I had to say who my BEST friend was, I'd say my mom. Without a doubt. 

As for a non-relative Best Bud? Emily Rose is and always will be one of my best friends. The same goes for Kris, in fact I think Kris and I are closer now than we've ever been. 

Terri is a great new friend I have made and I enjoy time with her. Plan on having some fun with her this week in fact! 

I am blessed that at work Kathy Allen was my friend for YEARS and now Juli Schuster has sorta slid into that place for me since Kathy retired. Both of them are so unique and special in their own different ways. However, they are both small (way smaller than I am!), beautiful women, who are two of the most fierce and loyal mothers I have ever encountered! :-)

I am very blessed to have a lot of different friends over the years, some have stayed - some have gone... others have had gaps in communication with me, but we pick right up where we left off... 

It's just hard to answer, "Who is your BEST friend," when there are many out there... so I will stick with the constant in my life, my rock, my strength: my mom. :-)

ENJOYING THE BLOG CHALLENGE! THANKS FOR READING!

Words/Photos, etc. by ME! (aka MK Designs) July 2014. 




No comments:

Post a Comment