Like Me on Facebook

Sunday, August 30, 2015

You Can Choose...Your Mood...Your Outlook...Your Reactions... and More!

Just as ripples spread out when a single pebble is dropped into water, the actions of individuals can have far-reaching effects. – Dalai Lama 
I took this at Reelfoot Lake, TN in June of 2015. 
I was once very Han Solo in my attitude towards life. He didn't believe in Hokey Religions, or positivity. I was once so similar. I felt like so many things were happening TO me. I felt a need to try to CONTROL things so much that in the end all I did was lose control. In those moments, I would often make some of my WORST choices in life. 

Somehow over the past few years I have learned a few things.

1. Those "glass half full" / "make lemonade from lemons" people ARE indeed on to something.
2. By choosing to let go of the things I can't control and focus on the positive, my life becomes more blessed.
3. The more I count my blessings, the better I feel. 
4. One person can have actions that reach so far, and I want my actions to be far-reaching in a POSITIVE way - - not a NEGATIVE ONE.

Today I am groggy, tired, and a little drained from a week that was jam-packed with meetings, teaching, photography work, and more...

When I woke up, I decided it was going to be a good day. I made that choice as I laid around and snuggled with the girls (cats). I decided I would embrace a goofy photo my friend took of me last night and make it my facebook profile photo.
I decided to make myself a brunch... and in doing so I decided that this plate of food was going to be the focus of my thankful mindset to get me pumped about the upcoming week.
* The eggs are a gift from my downstairs renter. Nice young man who attends ECC and said he had way too many. Who can complain about farm fresh eggs?! That's a blessing. 

* The bacon and grape juice are courtesy of a dear friend who is moving. She had too much food to consume before the big move and didn't want to take it with her. Instead of being sad about her leaving, I can think about all the positive things she's done for me and continues to do for me. (Plus, I love bacon and grape juice!)

* The toast... that has a story, too! My mom knew how busy I was this week and asked if I needed anything. I did. She picked up some stuff for me. Looking at that made me think about how blessed I am she cares enough to do kind things for me to this day. Not all people have someone who is always watching their back for them...even if it's a simple thing like helping you out when time is lacking for a grocery run. 

* The Fiestaware always reminds me of my mom's best friend, Linda. I always loved eating at her home when I was younger. Yes, her meals were excellent, but I loved her plates. I was excited to see which color of plate I would get. I dreamt of having plates like this when I was an adult. Here I am. I have so much color and fun when I eat. I am indeed blessed. 
Instead of complaining about a lack of time - I am trying to focus on doing what I can with the time I have. 

Instead of complaining about the laundry - I am trying to focus on being happy I have clothes to wash, clean water and MORE to do so, and that half of those clothes belong to my daughter (who I adore). 

The more we try to look at things with a positive outlook and let go of the things we can't control; the more positive our impact upon others and our world can be. 

Don't you agree?

Until next time, 
~ M of MK Designs Photography 





1 comment: