Like Me on Facebook

Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Back: 2015's Agenda Achieved!


For the first time in my life I made a detailed list of "goals" for the year.  I called it my 2015 Agenda

I posted it right here on my blog and on my personal facebook page. At times, I revisited the list personally and publically to see how I was doing. 

What did I learn from this? Well, apparently when I write a list out and make it public, THAT forces me to do it! 

Let's revisit:

#1. DONE! I was named the 2015 MIPA Journalism Teacher of the Year. See link: http://mipajournalism.com/2015/03/11/mipa-journalism-award-winners-announced/

#2. DONE! I was just named the 2016 JEA National Broadcast Adviser of the Year. See link: http://jea.org/blog/2015/12/09/jea-names-turner-its-broadcast-adviser-of-the-year/ 

I have to admit I aimed bigger than I ever have in my career for numbers #1 and #2. I am so humbled. 
#3. DONE! My daugher and I camped so much more in 2015! We kicked if off in Hawn State Park in Missouri. Later, we ventured to parts of Southern Illinois, and even found ourselves loving Wisconsin! 
#4. SORTA DONE! My "hike more" goal had its moments where I was totally kick-ass. However, when I look at the big picture, I let myself down on this one. 
#5. DONE! However, this remains a constant work in progress. I have watched my daughter's empathy, kindness, love of the Lord, and her education blossom. I am proud of the young woman she is becoming right before my eyes. She can be so giving and compassionate. Also, she's becoming quite the little reader! For a child who used to fight me (on many levels) to open a book, this is a HUGE blessing! 
#6. DONE! New deck and new front retaining wall HAPPENED. My house is looking good, however my financial house is still a work in progress. Yet, I feel way better about things than I did this time last year.

#7. I don't know that I can call this goal done. I feel I have grown stronger in my Faith and learning more about the teachings of Jesus, but I know I have so much more room for growth. 

#8. DID IT and REFUSE TO STOP. I did spend much more time with my Grandma in 2015. Indeed, I saw her way more than I did in 2014. I hope to continue the trend. 

#9. My goals for MK Designs Photography feel half achieved. 

Here are the positives: 

I was in several art shows, had several new clients, and thanks to my friend Tyann Marcink tyannmarcink.com I have business cards I am so proud of and my own domain: mkdesignsphoto.com. How cool is she? Her support of my work means so much to me.  
The biggest stretch I took with the photo gig is that I shared a booth with my friend Juli of http://oliveandashstudio.blogspot.com/ at a Christmas Market held at Blumenhof Winery. I was able to get my name out there, meet people, sell several items, and more. It was a great experience. 
#10. I set a goal to be the best mom, teacher, daughter, friend, etc. I can be. I think under the circumstances... DONE. There is always room for improvement, but I did give it my all. Perhaps that is why #9's goal wasn't fully realized. 
#11. DONE! It took me until December 31st, but I finally have my bedroom (minus a little wall art swaps I want to do) ready! I finished the chalk paint/wax and distressing project of a dresser and headboard. Whew! 
There it is. 2015's Agenda Achieved, so what does that leave in store for 2016?! I'll be hitting on that topic sooner than later, but for now this image is a sneak peek into my thoughts and plans for the New Year.
Until we meet again, I am curious about what your thoughts are on making an agenda and sticking to it. How do you plan to make things "happen" in 2016? 

As always, feel free to comment or share this blog with anyone you feel it could be a blessing to! 

~ M of MK Designs 
Jan 2016 

12 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm motivated to make a list that goes along with my word of the year! I think you're right- when you write it down and put it out there for others to see, you're more likely to get them done. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments this past year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do think making it public for not just fam/friends - but for ANYONE to see does make you more accountable. I have several strong ideas swimming in my head for 2016...just need to solidify them & make the "agenda" to follow.

      Delete
    2. Great job! You are inspirational to many of us. I make weekly goals instead of yearly ones because they are much more manageable for me. I tend to procrastinate if the deadline is too long. Plus, I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment on a weekly basis and it motivates me to continue!

      Delete
  2. Great job!! You're such an accomplished person an inspiration to many. As for me, I set weekly goals, which is much more manageable for me than yearly ones. I tend to procrastinate if I have long deadlines. Plus, I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment on a weekly basis and that motivates me to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! You're such an accomplished person an inspiration to many. As for me, I set weekly goals, which is much more manageable for me than yearly ones. I tend to procrastinate if I have long deadlines. Plus, I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment on a weekly basis and that motivates me to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on all those accomplishments! You should be very proud.
    Jamie Smith (JLSnaps)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT JOB! You should be very proud of all you accomplished in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You truly are an inspiration! Great job on all the accomplishments! May your 2016 be as successful as your 2015.

    ReplyDelete