Like Me on Facebook

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Go West. Haven't you been told? California is full of... PHOTOS

Ansel. Mr. Adams. Ever heard of him? If not, "google him up" as my friend Slava Bowman would say. "Just google him up!"
He inspires me despite the fact he passed many moons ago. I finally got on a plane, went WEST... and saw the places he saw, stood where he stood, and tried to capture those feelings in images. Not easy.
That first taste of Yosemite and the Sierras was in 2009. I haven't been the same. I was so hooked I went not once, but TWICE in 2010.
I can't describe how I feel in Northern California. Lake Tahoe. Donner Pass. Hwy's 395 & 89. Yosemite. Kings Canyon. The Redwoods. The crystal clear water of the Merced. Flakes of fools gold in the sand beneath your toes in nearly every mountain lake you encounter. Bodie. Lassen. Every turn is a new experience... an impessive vista...eloquent light.
I physically feel better when I am there. The air is lighter. My spirit swells with the feeling of freedom, yet at the same time there is an overwhelming feeling of responsiblity because this is God's Creation that he put out there for us to enjoy and protect.
Last summer, 2011 I didn't make it to Northern California. This summer, I got the itch again. I feel like I am missing something by not being there. Will I make it happen? I certainly hope so. If not, 2013 is a MUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment