Like Me on Facebook

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Photograph...

I recently posed this "challenge" on my facebook photography page. Simply fill in the blank to "A photograph..." There were some great responses!
Stephanie S said... "A photograph is a moment of both the person taking the picture and the person viewing the picture's soul being in display."
Jessie R said... "A photograph is the easiest way to speak loudly, but without ever saying a word."
Misty R said..."A photograph is like hitting the pause button in the real word."
Jenny S said... "A photograph can capture a memory for many lifetimes to come."
Amy M said... "A photograph is worth a thousand words."
Kayla R said... "A photograph is for those nights you don't remember."
Glenda S said... "A photograph is an image of the photographer's soul."
Julie G said... "A photograph is a priceless memory or moment in time."
Donna U submitted two responses... "A photograph is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it isn't that good." AND "A photograph is life's pause button."
Brittany W said... "A photograph is a timeless secret that only the photographer holds."
Janette J said... "A photograph always captures what the heart yearns to hold but fears it will forget."
These are all excellent, and they all touched me in some way. I especially loved the idea of photography pausing that crazy-ness that is the hectic-ness of LIFE these days. And - just like Ansel said - I do believe a photographs express the artist's soul and is a true relationship between the viewer and the photographer...
... but there can only be one winner. And, as odd as it may be, I am going out on a limb and selected the one that made me just literally laugh out loud. A great DEEP laugh that I could feel all the way from my toes to my head! And, I am also going to post an "old school" photo of myself and friends that fits the winning response!
Congrats to Kayla R who said..." A photograph is for those nights you don't remember" & she is winning a prize! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment