Like Me on Facebook

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The life I am living, the blogs I am loving, & the thoughts I am having...

The life I am living...
I think today's sermon by one of our church leaders (since my Pastor is indeed a deer hunter!) was spot on... it's about passion. It's about having a life that you stood up for something. It's about people not talking about how you died, but how you lived. It's about those quiet moments you stand up and live life... not just muddle through and let it pass by. One of the best sermons I have heard. Ken Click rocked it!
Ken chose this for his sermon today!
Blogs I am loving...
Since this is a little blog I keep...that technically makes me a blogger!  So what blogs do I enjoy (besides my own)? Glad you asked! 
1. The Blonde Coyote. 
http://theblondecoyote.com
2. Olive & Ash. 
http://oliveandashstudio.blogspot.com
3. Camping Missouri. 
http://campingmissouri.org
4. Re-Discover Washington 
http://rediscoverwashington.org
5. Happy Lark. (formerly This is Elizabeth) 
http://www.happylarkdesigns.com
As you can see, art & nature & creativity & Missouri are my reoccurring themes... not just in my photography and in my life, but in blogs I enjoy! 


Thoughts I am having...1. After the past week especially,  this is on my mind... "I believe that the present suffering is nothing compared to the coming glory that is going to be revealed to us." (Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭18‬ CEB)
The sunset this past Friday on the way towards Mary's Home, Missouri for my friend's sister's visitation. A very sad weekend indeed. Celebrations of life... funerals... wakes... whatever you call them, they are hard. 
2. Chicken & dumplings! Snow & chilly temps in the teens just makes me crave them. How do you make yours? I am used to my mom's & grandma's big fluffy dumplings...but in south central Missouri it's a different story! This past Saturday I again found myself with their version...which is more like a thick noodle for a dumpling. How can this be?!
THIS is how Chicken and Dumplings should look folks! lol 
3. Our Capitol...Washington DC. I think I am now up to 5 times I have been there, but still need to go again! Action items on my to-do list:- cherry blossoms- go inside the Capitol- the spy museum- the National Geographic Society.
A couple taking a selfie at one of my favorite places... The WWII Memorial.
The Newseum is a MUST SEE! I love going here...
4. I've been unloading, deactivating, & deleting a lot of games & social media apps these past 3 weeks. Huge weight lifted! 
Color in DC last weekend... looking forward to more time clicking than skimming and playing on the old iPhone! 
As always thanks for stopping by. I gotta get motivated to order & frame a few items for an upcoming art show I am hopeful to gain acceptance into. I'll keep you guys posted about that here and/or on my Facebook page. 
An image I need to print and frame for consideration into an Art Show soon!
Have a blessed week. - The M of MK Designs... Michelle Nov 2014

2 comments: