Like Me on Facebook

Friday, April 17, 2015

The Land is Awakening

The land here in Missouri is awakening indeed. Just here around Union I have found some amazing spring wildflower displays at two Missouri Department of Conservation spots. 
Reiker Ford: http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Applications/MOATLAS/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=7507

Union Access http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Applications/MOATLAS/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=6508
There are times photos just do NOT do an area justice. Walking along paths that are surrounded by a carpet of flowers reminds me of things I have seen in fairy tales. Yet, right here in my hometown, it is a reality.

I hope you enjoy these images and take the time to get out and enjoy Spring. 
 "Every April, God rewrites the book of Genesis." ~ Unknown
 “If people did not love one another, I really don't see what use there would be in having any spring.” ~ Victor Hugo


 “The sun just touched the morning; 
The morning, happy thing,
Supposed that he had come to dwell,
And life would be all spring.” 
     ~ Emily Dickinson
 “Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.” ~ Kraft


“Come with me into the woods where spring is
advancing, as it does, no matter what,
not being singular or particular, but one 
of the forever gifts, and certainly visible.” 
  ~ Mary Oliver

Thank you for stopping by. 
I appreciate your support of my photography. 
More than anything, I hope you get out and enjoy the Spring season. 

~ M of MK Designs
April 2015

PS If you would like to order any images you see here, contact me! 



4 comments:

  1. Those purple wildflowers are always my favorite! Forgot what they are called though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your images tell such a great story.

    ReplyDelete