Like Me on Facebook

Monday, April 6, 2015

So, I got a new camera body... and a tank full of gas...

The new camera body was long overdue. My old reliable that dates to about 2008 just wasn't getting the clarity I need, so a new Canon T5 body was in order. 

Once the camera body arrived and I saw Saturday's forecast, I knew the three places I had to land as long as Betty (my trusty Ford) had a full tank:

1. Blue Springs Conservation Area
http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=8405

2. Huzzah Conservation Area 
http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=5702

3. Onodaga State Park
https://mostateparks.com/park/onondaga-cave-state-park

My daughter and I explored all day Saturday and enjoyed all there was to see. Spring is for sure upon us here in Missouri. Enjoy these images from our day. 

“Is the spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"...
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine...” 
― Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Secret Garden
“She turned to the sunlight
    And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
    "Winter is dead.” 
― A.A. MilneWhen We Were Very Young
“It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is.
And when you've got it, you want—oh, you don't quite know
what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes
your heart ache, you want it so!” 

― Mark Twain
“Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.” 
― Lilly Pulitzer
“Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring?” 
― Neltje Blanchan 
“He smelled cold water and cold intrepid green.
Those early flowers smelled like cold water.
Their fragrence was not the still perfume of high summer;
it was the smell of cold, raw green.” 

― P. Harding
“It’s spring now, and I was just thinking that I haven’t been in love since the fall.
The fall of the Roman Empire.”
― Jarod Kintz
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, "Let’s party!” 
― Robin Williams
“Winter and spring blended together this year like ice in water,
and I was left thirsting for love."
― Jarod Kintz
“But enough of the drama.
Winter has turned to spring.
And I am feeling good.” 
― Keshni Kashyap 
“Winter is already a lost shape, forgotten
in the ground. Instead, here is Spring
with all the grace of a woman
smoothing out her apron.” 
― Cecilia Llompart

As always, please do not "copy" or "download" these images without permission. 

If you'd like to order any, please contact me. 

Also, if you'd like to share this blog post on social media, that's highly appreciated! 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. 

Until next time,
~ M of MK Designs

April 2015

  


No comments:

Post a Comment