Like Me on Facebook

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Headshots, Art Shows, Sorority Daughters, Blood Pressure, and OH MY!


So far 2015 has been a roller coaster. 
I am hopeful February is better. 

For now I want to focus on the positives I had in January as a photographer...and as a human being on this little life-filled planet. :)

I met a life coach. We both share a friend named Terri Overstreet who is the mind and hands behind Invisible Sun Massage and BodyWorks here in Union.  (www.invisiblesunmassage.net). 

Headshots I have done for Terri and her girls.
My friend put in a good word with her about my photography. Next thing you know, I am taking her head shots and we are laughing like old friends. 
One of Kim's headshots from today. I have to work on culling through all the shots and editing, but this one is the one that jumped out at me first and I was eager to get it done! 
Kim Tobin was a joy to meet and photograph this morning, and if you want to learn more about her, visit her page: http://blog.bluebutterfly.info/about/ Also, follow her on facebook at "Kimberly Tobin Life Coach."

I was in a show. Framations in St. Charles had their 9th Annual Photo Exhibit. I had 3 of my 4 entries juried into the show, as did my friend Tyann of Marcink Designs. This was her first year entering and I loved sharing the experience with her, as well as Kim Carr. Kim has been very encouraging of my work over the years.  
Framations: http://www.framations.com/home.html 
Kim Carr: http://www.kimcarrphotography.com 
Tyann Marcink: http://tyannmarcink.com

I had Kris time. Kris has been in my life since college. She was one of my sorority "daughters" and we've just always seemed to "click" over the years. 
Both of us are only children who have a huge respect for our parents. We both fiercely love our only children (I have one daughter, she one son). And, we both like her husband. Seriously, it's so hard for me to find a friend who is with a guy I really respect, and Matt is a great guy. He and Kris are a beautiful couple. 
Our day was "typical" but because it was spent together - it was special...we had lunch, found a winery neither of us have been to, went on a drive, and saw this sunset.

I had no cavities, but I had a wake up call. Over the years I've had my fair share of dental anguish, and I've also had issues with stress (how I react to situations & people) increasing my Blood Pressure. My dentist takes my BP every visit, so this round my teeth were great, but my BP was dangerously high. The past few days I have been working on checking it regularly, avoiding situations and individuals who stress me out, and being very aware of what I need (& don't need) in my life. 
Just in a few days, the wrecking ball headaches, and elevated numbers have decreased dramatically. So, for my health, it's time I distance myself from things & people that could make my life way too short. My grandpa passed away from a stroke in his mid-50s. I am 41 and would ideally like to make it to 89-101! 

I improved my home (with the help of my parents). My basement living area & bathroom has never looked so nice...and my bedroom is finally coming together furniture wise. 

Trying chalk paint and wax on a headboard (& eventually dresser) my aunt gave me. So far I think it looks cool and I can't wait to see that space completed. 


I saw my Grandma. I promised myself in 2015 I would be a better granddaughter. So far I am keeping to it by visiting her more (approx 200 miles round trip, but worth it) and writing her more (her next notecard from my daughter and I is on the table).



I made a serious "agenda" for 2015 and plan on sticking to it. 
Here it is:

#1. Something I want to go for to help my career... that if happens will help me with the #2 thing I want to go for to help my career...  


#3. Camp more. 


#4. Hike more. 


#5. Help my daughter (the K of MK Designs) take more ownership of her school work and education, yet continue to help her grow her love of the Lord and others, hopefully continue to grow more empathy, and more compassion... 

A new year, a new devotional. 
#6. Get my financial house and my actual house in better working order. DECK and whatnot! (which also includes getting my lower level rented again) 

#7. Continue to grow my relationship with Jesus Christ and try to practice more of His teachings in how I love others.  


#8. Continue to spend more time with my Grandma in 2015. 


#9. Try to continue to grow clients for my MK Designs Photography / Fine Art and Portrait work. 


#10. Be the best mom, teacher, daughter, friend, etc. I can possibly be.


#11. GET ME A BEDROOM SET! BAM! Had a kicking bedroom set in 2009, that along with the bed "left the premises" that year. While I did replace the bed in 2010, I never got a bedroom set. I have one in my garage now courtesy of my aunt Shirley. 

Looking back on it, I would say January wasn't THAT bad. Once I start looking I see that while there were a lot of negatives (I won't list here), there were some great positives, too. 


Until next time,
Michelle of MK Designs 



PS For more of my photographic work find me on facebook or my website! 

No comments:

Post a Comment