Like Me on Facebook

Monday, June 29, 2015

Clearwater Lake, Missouri: 2015.

I'll admit it, when I told people I was heading to "Clearwater" over Memorial Day weekend the majority seemed to assume I meant "Clearwater, Florida." 
Once I explained it was a lake in Southern Missouri that has been on my to-see list for quite some time, some of my friends started to use Google Maps to see just what I was talking about. 
Clearwater Lake is managed by the Army Corps of Engineers and is often called one of Missouri's best fishing lakes. It also has several recreational areas you can access, as well as an AMAZING paved walking trail system. You can learn more about those areas here: http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=M403420

My parents, my daughter, and I all lucked out and managed to not only safely make it to and from this beautiful Southern Missouri gem, but we landed a cabin at http://www.clearwaterlakeresort.com when someone canceled their reservation for Memorial Day weekend. 

That is not easy on a major holiday weekend. 

The fish we caught may not have been big, but my daughter enjoyed herself. For the first time she REALLY got into fishing. She kept reeling them in. 
I enjoyed the scenery and loved how uncluttered this lake is. Growing up near Lake of the Ozarks, I have seen what happens when people overcrowd and overbuild on a lake. Clearwater doesn't seem to have this problem, and I hope it stays this way. 
When we weren't fishing, or hanging out near the cabin... I enjoyed walking and driving around the area with my camera. (Did you see that coming?) The beauty of the lake and the Black River was breathtaking. 

I hope you enjoy these images from Clearwater Lake and perhaps the next time you want a little "vacation" you'll consider this place instead of the crowds, tourists, homes, and stripmalls that seem to clutter so many lakes around Missouri. 

For more details about the region, here's a few links: 
1. http://www.clearwaterlake.org/about.htm
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearwater_Lake_(Missouri)

If you are interested in ordering any images you see here, contact me via the MK Designs Facebook Page and/or the contact part of my website: http://mkdesignsphoto.weebly.com

Thanks for your support! 


4 comments:

  1. I went to Clearwater for the first time last Fall and discovered I'm not really a lake person, especially man-made lakes. It did not thrill me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the area along the Black River the most - but as far as lakes go - this one (to me) is a gem compared to the others in mo I have been to...less crowded & shoreline is uncluttered.

      Delete
  2. Sounds/looks like a nice,relaxing trip! My favorite pic here- your mom (or maybe Karlene?) and your step-dad sitting in the blue chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juli - That's Karlene by my dad...that's now tall she's getting! :) thanks for stopping by to read/look.

      Delete