Like Me on Facebook

Friday, June 19, 2015

Hawn State Park: My FAVE!

Missouri State Parks are amazing. It's not just my opinion, I am starting to view it as a fact. Beyond numerous national awards, I am seeing first-hand as I travel around our nation just how spoiled I am by the quality of our parks. We have excellent facilities, a top-notch staff, and amazing sights to see. 

With that said, I do have a favorite state park here in Missouri. 

Hawn State Park is a place I fell in love with the first time I camped there. I don't get there nearly enough considering it's not close to where I live, but when I do - exploring Pickle Springs is near the top of my list. 

My daughter asked me to take her camping for her 10th birthday, so in early May 2015 - off to Hawn we went. We spent most of Saturday exploring Pickle Springs. 
If you want to know more about Hawn State Park visit this site: http://mostateparks.com/park/hawn-state-park 

If you hope to visit the park, be ready for beauty. If you intend to camp during good weather on the weekend, you may need reservations. The little (but great!) campground fills fast on weekends. However, a few years ago on the weekdays (in peak season) I was able to camp without reservations Tues-Thurs just fine. 
Nearby is a trail I did a few years ago (and need to revisit soon) that you may enjoy if you want to explore outside the park. It's on Missouri Conservation land and called the "Trail Through Time" http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places-go/natural-areas/pickle-springs 

However, inside the park - there's plenty sights and trails to enjoy if you don't feel like leaving. I know many of the times I have camped in Hawn, I've had no desire to leave once I am there. 

Enjoy these images from Hawn State Park in May 2015. Hopefully, they'll inspire you to go on a little adventure, too!  Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to designate a personal "favorite" state park, too?

Michelle of MK Designs
Posted June 2015

PS If you want any images from this post or any other, contact me for pricing / printing information. Thanks! http://mkdesignsphoto.weebly.com/contact.html



No comments:

Post a Comment