Like Me on Facebook

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Seeing the Light at Robertsville State Park

A camera is a just a little device that records light. Simple. True. Light. It's all about the light.

Add how much I love my camera, finding the light, and Robertsville State Park. Take the sum of all three parts and then multiply it by the joy found in a near 70 degree day the Saturday after Thanksgiving. 

The solution to the equation is this: a 3 mile walk with my daughter (who wanted to stay on the pavement) with my camera in tow... eyes peeled for the light... at Robertsville State Park.




”Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.”
– George Eastman


“In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.”
- Aaron Rose
 “What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time.” – John Berger


“Wherever there is light, one can photograph.” – Alfred Stieglitz

 “A picture must possess a real power to generate light and for a long time now I’ve been conscious of expressing myself through light or rather in light.” – Henri Matisse


“The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart.” – Robert Schumann
Thank you for taking a 3 mile walk around Robertsville State Park with me today. If you want to see the park in person, it's just off Hwy O in Robertsville, Mo. Check it out online: http://mostateparks.com/park/robertsville-state-park

MK Designs Photography / Fine Art and Portrait. 2014. 
If you want to learn more about my images, or order any... feel free to contact me via my website and/or my facebook page. 




3 comments: