Like Me on Facebook

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer 2014 Blogger Challenge #12, #13, #14: Grateful, Nature, Dream Job.



My fortune cookie said "You will have a long and wealthy life." I have kept that fortune in sight since moving to my house last summer. I love it. It's a beautiful reminder my life is full of "wealth" and I have so much to be grateful for.
#12. Grateful. Family (the ones that actually check on me, etc). Friends (real ones). My daughter. Home. Health (not that I am perfect, but I could be so way worse off). TIME: time to create, to laugh, to lounge, to travel, to learn, to be one-on-one with people or places I adore. Awesome Career. Pets (furbabies). 
Not sure if this pillow would be comfy (burlap!?), but I think it makes a beautiful statement.
#13. Nature. Well! I could go on and on and on. Nature is my nature (get the pun?)! I love it. I know in my heart I need to get in better shape mentally, physically, and financially so I can be in it MORE. 
Photos of "nature" are all over my iPhone camera roll. I can't help myself. Photograph what you love! Well - I love my cats, nature, and my daughter! Funny how your camera roll can totally reveal your heart! 
By the way, I read recently how in Boston doctors are ordering parents to get their kids outside more. Really? I can't imagine. I get my daughter outside so much. It totally puts us both back in a calmer state of mind and helps us connect with God's Creation.
I like this and slightly wish I had this saying on a tshirt or something! What a wonderful mantra to promote! 
#14. Dream Job. I honestly have it. 

I'd like to do more portrait work, but that seems to have moments I am super busy and moments I can hear crickets. 


Portrait work from this past year. Winter 2013 to Spring 2014. I love these images. As you can see, I am a huge fan of WARM LIGHT in portrait work. Yes, I do portraits! Some years I am busy, other years not as much. I have noticed a trend of less and less Seniors getting their Senior Photos done, something I will blog about soon! 
However, let's be honest: I get to teach pretty cool kids awesome subject matter during the school year,  and I take photographs year round... it's pretty awesome. 

THE ONLY THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE THIS A TRUE DREAM JOB: better funding for the equipment the kids need. More supportive parents. Different hours. 


I didn't stutter, different hours. I am beyond NOT a morning person. I tend to perk up anywhere from 9 to 11 in the morning REGARDLESS of what time my rear hits the bed. So, if I had a teaching day that started around 9 or 10 in the morning and ended at 4 or 5 in the afternoon (I stay that late often anyway because that's when I am THINKING and ALERT)... that would be ideal. 

~~~ thank you for taking the time to follow me on this little "blog challenge" this summer. I am almost halfway there. My goal of finishing this by mid to late August may actually HAPPEN!

Please consider liking my photo page on facebook! Also, check out my website for more information about my photography: http://mkdesignsphoto.weebly.com 

July 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment