Like Me on Facebook

Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer 2014 Blogger Challenge #1.

Last summer (2013) I did not one, but TWO 30 day photo challenges with my friend Slava --> http://slavabowmanphotography.wordpress.com 

This summer I am feeling a bit out of the creative loop. My summer got a delayed start thanks to an extra long school year due to excessive snow days here in Missouri. Lately, as I follow the blogs of bloggers I really enjoy, I feel totally uncreative. 

So, when Juli of Olive and Ash Studio --> http://oliveandashstudio.blogspot.com started talking about Blog Challenges on her blog - I knew I found a way to get out of my summer slump!

Thanks to this young blogger from Australia --> http://emilyjane.typepad.com I found the perfect way to get the creative flow back and help out my neglected blog...


Yes, this is a "photography" blog - but it's also about my creative journey, so why not!?! 

I have to be honest, I am positive that there is a huge chance this July Journaling Challenge will spill into August due to the travel and play I do a lot during the summer season, but that will just have to work for anyone who follows me. 

As I look at the list, I know the best place to start is #1, but I think I already covered that in previous blog entries. So, to mix it up a bit for #1 "All about you" I am going to do a goofy survey. 

Here is goes...

This is me: (Thank you Slava for our current headshot session for a magazine article I am in for my sorority Zeta Tau Alpha) 




1. I worry about: the future of our planet, the odd shifts in values of people in my country, my finances, my daughter, extreme changes at my work place.

2. I dream about: Yosemite. Alaska. Scenic Drives. Travels. A vagabond life (with an income and retirement - Is that possible).




3. I am proud of: My students' accomplishments. My daughter. My mom. 

4. I am interested in: photography, journalism, education, learning, travel...

5. I am afraid of: tight enclosed spaces that make me feel trapped.



6. I don't believe in: a judicial system that allows men and women who rape, murder, and/or abuse children to be housed and fed, you know allowed to breathe air, etc. I miss the old days of "Western Justice" in a lot of cases. 

7. I am good at: Well, people say I am good at teaching. ;-) I think I am still a work in progress. 

8. I am bad at: saving money the way my mom does.

9. I have to: take my daughter to her dad this afternoon. I hate saying "see you later" to her so often.

10. I feel like: early retirement! 

11. I regularly: look at facebook, twitter, snapchat, etc. It's addictive. Some people are tv addicts or do crossword puzzles, etc. I skim blogs, follow crafters, read current news headlines, etc. 




12. I never: have smoked pot. Honest to God.

13. I can't stand: people who self-loathe, child molesters, people who cannot buck up and admit they hurt you and apologize, and cooked cabbage.

14. I have difficulty: keeping weight off. I am chunky.

15. I have a habit of: see #11!

16. I no longer: actively seek anyone to date. I tried dating sites, and people setting me up, etc. I just have given up. Not to sound mean, but once I quit trying, I felt better. I don't need a "relationship" to define me... I have other relationships: with my child, my mom, my Lord, my friends (the real ones), my co-workers, other creative types, etc. Also, I no longer force myself on others. If someone (male or female) wants my friendship, they will seek it. No need to force "best friend" status, etc. People come and people go. People change. (and some people aren't fond of this saying... but...) "It is what it is!" 




17. Lately: KEVIN HART makes me laugh.

18. Lately: NOT MUCH makes me sad. 

19. Lately: NOT MUCH makes me angry.

So that is it... I have crossed off #1 on the July Journaling (I prefer to call it BLOG) Challenge. Hopefully, this little self-assignment will kick me in the rear and get my creative flow back! 

All words & thoughts by MK Designs. July 2014. Please do not copy or print without permission. If you want to join in on the blog challenge, link up with me! Let's do this! :-) 


2 comments: