Like Me on Facebook

Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer 2014 Blogger Challenge #4 & #5: Special Memory & Fave Quote


#4. Special Memory

This one is difficult. Why? Well, it's not for a lack of special memories (that would be horrid!)... it's from an abundance of them. To simplify the process and to keep myself from writing a full novel, I'll just pick the first random 6 that comes to mind. 

1. Sitting with my Grandpa Johnson as a child at their house on a porch swing watching the clouds. I clearly saw cartoon characters, and when I showed him - his face lit up and he saw them, too. 

2. Mom and I taking a "selfie" this past June at a light house. I told her to push the button. I think there was a real communication issue of what "button" meant. We giggled a LOT like school girls. Made me happy to see her so happy and free. :-)

3. First time I saw Yosemite National Park in person in 2009. I wept. I realized finally for once and for all, after years of going back and forth - God is real. 

Photo by Me. 2009. 
4. What started as a "business connection" last summer, resulting in photography work and website work, and promotional work... and a friendship...I remember watching her at a Summerfest last summer thinking "That's that crazy massage therapist!" (note: not crazy like "insane" but happy crazy. good crazy. the best kind of crazy.) 

5. This beach with these girls for my teaching job... actually the WHOLE trip! My staff took First place at Nationals for our TV show, we saw amazing sights, visited the WHOLE time (hardly had a phone out) and bonded. One of them just gradated from NYU. One of them is still navigating school and life and figuring out what she wants to do. One of them is engaged and wrapping up school. One of them is becoming a teacher and just sent me a funny photo of herself on the 4th of July. Beautiful girls are now beautiful young women. 

I didn't tell them to do this. Tha'ts how good of an experience we all had on this trip for school. This was about 4 or 5 years ago now... maybe more! ha! Navigating along Oregon and Washington State with four crazy girls running around calling me "mom" - it was awesome. People don't understand why teaching is so amazing, this is just ONE of many reasons!

6. My daughter... as we are in the ocean this week going up and down with the waves... she gives me this big hug and says "Mom, I have had an amazing trip. Thank you." Then, she proceeds to give me the most slobbery kiss on the cheek ever. 


Now on to Blog Challenge: Favorite Quote (#5)

Is this possible? I mean, really? I love quotes. I have so many rolling around in my head. Picking one is like picking a favorite student or favorite ice cream flavor, etc. How? I love so many!

So, I am going to put out my favorite bible verse instead. It's my blog, afterall! I hope you get a blessing from it... 






MK Designs. July 2014. 





2 comments: